BBQ My Way
is not intended for the casual weekend griller.
Wait. Those are the people who need my help!
Allow me to rephrase.
If firing up a grill now and again is your definition of BBQ,...we need to talk. Better yet, you need to become a frequent visitor to this website.
I as your Pit Boss encourage you to pour your favorite beverage and pull up a chair, if and ONLY IF you have a burning desire to learn this true American art.
What Qualifies Me to Be
Your "Pit Boss?"
Simply put, BBQ has been a fascination of mine since I watched my dad grill steaks as a kid. That's back when I thought grilling was BBQ. I also worked as a cook (steaks, shrimp, burgers, etc.) at one of the nicer restaurants in my home town, starting at the age of 14.
I now manage a sports marketing company that focuses on professional golf, but have been involved in the creation of a number of sauces and rubs. Hot tomato and mustard sauces, as well as steak, pork, seafood and poultry dry rubs to be specific.
A few years back I built a southern-style brick BBQ pit at the back of my house that is a traditional, all-day culinary adventure in slow cooking over low heat. I use hickory coals that I render down myself in a fireplace. Hickory logs turn into hickory coals.
Sorry, no wood pellets for me. Totally against my BBQ Religion. I don't want to risk slow cooking in BBQ Hades.
I BBQ 20 to 40 pounds of meat at a time, including pulled pork, beef brisket, pork and beef ribs, salmon, lamb, prime rib, chicken, turkey and more.
BBQ isn't just great food, it's a day long activity to socialize with friends and family. The smells are hypnotic and you feel as though you are connecting with your American roots. It is truly a great way to reconnect with those you care for. It's not just about the food, it's about a day of fun, whether it's corn hole, horse shoes or just drinks and good conversation.
I am also a trained Kansas City Barbecue Society judge, qualifying me to pass judgment on KCBS sanctioned barbecue competitions all over the U.S. and Canada. Brisket, chicken, ribs and pulled pork are my specialties.
Think of BBQMyWay.com as
Your BBQ Classroom
What will we cover?
Proper BBQ techniques, cuts and varieties of meat, delicious side dishes, local and regional BBQ festivals, the history of BBQ, interviews with the best BBQ'ers in the business, equipment reviews, sauces and rub recipes, restaurant reviews, and don't worry. We will cover some grilling techniques and recipes as well.
(Just because I love BBQ doesn't mean I don't love to grill.)
Be ready for free BBQ courses delivered directly to you via email, BBQ Pod Casts and possibly some online chats.
- The Barbecue Newsletter That You Have To Subscribe To!
- Dave's barbecue newsletter is called "The BBQ Gazette." Through this occassional email newsletter you will receive BBQ and grilling tips, equipment, sauce and rub reviews, recipes and more! Sign up!
- The True BBQ Blog
- This BBQ Blog is THE ONE to subscribe to. It is my goal to accompany each BBQ entry with a short and entertaining video to show how its done.
- Ask Dave a BBQ or Grilling Question
- Click on this link to ask Dave a question about grilling or BBQ!
- The True History of BBQ
- BBQ is loved but at the same time totally misunderstood. Join me for a brief yet detailed history of BBQ
- BBQ Festivals Promote Good Times and Great BBQ
- Attend BBQ festivals for a great time!
- Great Beef Recipes for the Grill, the BBQ or the Kitchen
- For the best beef recipes that have been tested by me personally, check out BBQMyWay.com.
- Barbecue Pork, Grill Pork or Cook It.
- This BBQMyWay is the place to see recipes for barbecue pork, grilled pork and more.
- The Best Barbecue Chicken Recipes on the Internet
- All types of barbecue chicken recipes, including beer can chicken, barbecue chicken pizza, slow smoked chicken and more.
- Grilling Fish and BBQ'ing All Types of Seafood
- Interested in grilling fish or barbecue seafood of all types? This is the place to visit.
- Grilling Vegetables Is Not As Tough As You Think.
- Grilling vegetables adds a lot of variety to your menu, and keeps the mess out of the kitchen. I'll show you how to grill all types of vegetables, no come give us a visit!
- Barbecue Sauce Recipe Section
- Looking to prepare your own barbecue sauce recipe? We've got you covered. check it out!
- A Barbecue Rub Adds Another Layer of Flavor and Texture
- Do you want to know what the best barbecue rub is? Maybe you want to make one yourself. BBQMyWay.com is the place to get it done.
- Side Dish Recipes
- Side dish recipes that will compliment any main dish, whether a formal set down or an informal BBQ. Videos included.
- Grilling Hamburgers Properly
- Grilling hamburgers properly can be tricky. Click here to learn the secret.
- Pulled Pork Recipe
- An easy pulled pork recipe that you bbq on your Weber grill. Let Dave show you how!
- Homemade Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- This turkey pot pie recipe is an excellent use of leftover turkey.
- Grilling Turkey Is Something Anyone Can Do
- Grilling turkey is easy and the end product is so much better than the typical oven roasted turkey. If you have a Weber grill, you can (and should) give this technique a try.
- A Hot Brown Recipe That is Authentic, Easy and Delicious.
- This Hot Brown recipe is authentic, delicious and a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey.
- Fried Cauliflower Recipe That Rocks!
- This fried cauliflower recipe is an Italian version using a simple Paremsan cheese batter. It is really delicious!
- A Roast Chicken Recipe the Italian Way
- A roast chicken recipe that is authentic Italian, easy to do and most importantly, delicious. A "how to" video is included.
- Corn Bread Recipe For Pancakes
- This corn bread recipe for pancakes is awesome when used as a sandwich bun for pulled pork BBQ. Corn bread recipe included as well, and video included!
- A Grilled Chicken Recipe That Will Knock Your Socks Off
- This grilled chicken recipe is chicken kabobs in a spicy Thai peanut butter sauce with peppers and pineapples over a bed of rice. Includes video. Easy, sophisticated and most importantly, delicious.
- How To Grill a Steak That Will Turn Heads
- This section will show you how to grill a steak that is both smoky and delicious. This unique grilling method combines barbecuing and grilling methods. Video included.
- Deviled Egg Recipe That is a Family Favorite. Video Included!
- This is Liz's famous Deviled egg recipe. Instructional video included. This will become a traditional recipe in your family if they like Deviled eggs!
- Grilling Brats With Beer and Onions. Secrets Revealed!
- Grilling Brats or Bratwurst is easy when you know the secrets. Here they are revealed in an instructional video.
- The BBQ My Way YouTube Channel
- This page will take you directly to my YouTube channel.
- SBI! TV
- Grilling Pizza That Totally Rocks. Instructional Video Included.
- Grilling pizza is fun, easy and delicious. Instructional video included!
- Corn Salad Recipe
- A corn salad recipe that is authentic, delicious and easy.
- White Chicken Chili Recipe
- This white chicken chili recipe is awesome! Instructional video included.
- Cobb Salad Recipe
- This Cobb salad recipe is easy to make and is delicious!
- Fish Stew Recipe
- This fish stew recipe is easy and delicious. Instructional video included.
- Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe
- This turkey noodle soup recipe is easy and delicious! Instructional video included.
- Great Gift Ideas for the BBQ Enthusiast
- Some of Dave's favorite gift ideas for the BBQ entusiast in your life.
- Grilling Lobster Tails
- Grilling lobster tails is easy and simple. Step by step video included.
- Stuffed Hamburger Recipe - Stuffed with a Hot Dog
- This stuffed hamburger recipe is fun and delicious! Is it a hamburger or a hot dog? Instructional video included.
- Homemade Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Homemade mac and cheese recipe that rocks! Instructional video included.
- Best Apple Crisp Recipe
- Best apple crisp recipe that rocks! Easy, delicious, and an instructional video included.